Abingdon Food & Drink Festival
Visitors will be able to explore over fifty food and drinks stalls
Abingdon Food and Drink Festival combines a relaxed village fete atmosphere for the whole family with exciting food sensations from Britain and around the world.
Visitors will be able to explore over fifty food and drinks stalls located around a large green. In addition you can buy food and drink from a wide variety of vendors and enjoy a picnic on one of our garden benches.
Indoors you can enjoy scintillating cooking demonstrations from our seven expert celebrity chefs in Miele's state of the art demonstration kitchens.
This year’s chefs include:
• Master baker & BBC Food Champion of the Year 2010 Richard Bertinet who will demonstrate the art of French patisserie
• Andrew Scott of Restaurant 56 at Sudbury House in Faringdon
• Award-winning author, presenter and nutrition expert, Jenny Tschiesche
• Great British Bake Off 2013 quarter finalist Christine Wallace from Didcot
• Matt Williams – Head Chef at The Star Inn Sparsholt
• Andreas Guhl – German chef demonstrating a German classic – Rehrucken Baden-Baden – venison saddle
• Alexis Thompson Masterchef contestant and owner of the Dancing Trousers Cookery School
Furthermore Jill Carver from Added Ingredients in Abingdon will give visitors the chance to savour cheese and wine from Italy and Portugal through three tutored tastings.
The event runs from 10:00am through to 4:00pm. Admission costs £3.50 on the day or £3.00 (plus booking fee) if booked online. You can also book the demonstrations online. There is lots of free parking. This is a charity event and proceeds will be going to support the work of The Rotary Club of Abingdon Vesper and local charity SeeSaw.
Bottom Image - Andreas Guhl