"When it comes to your evening celebration, Galloping Gourmet will delight your guests with food that is a visual and taste sensation, from live food stations to barbecues or wood-fired pizza in the Herb Garden."
In 2016 Blackwell Grange opened its doors as an exclusive-use wedding venue for your special day, sharing every wonder of the listed buildings and the land, from the characterful heritage to the tranquil Cotswold location, featuring contemporary, elegant interior design and exceptional attention to detail.
Over the past 400 years, the beautiful 16th century Thatch Barn has become part of the Blackwell landscape. Lovingly restored, it is licensed for civil ceremonies with features including the original oak beams and barn doors, a magnificent open fire and ambient lighting. Say your vows in this romantic, rustic barn, before enjoying welcome drinks and canapés on the Apple Tree Lawn. Alternatively, you might choose to have a religious ceremony in one of the many picturesque churches in surrounding villages.
Dining and dancing take place in the contemporary Orchard Barn, bathed in light from its floor-to-ceiling windows and doors and featuring a stylish bar and staircase, impressive dining space and mezzanine ‘chill out’ area. Heritage and modern design collide and blend effortlessly together. Bar stools made from tractor seats, and doors paneled with wood from the original water tower sit alongside a striking helical staircase and contemporary copper bar. Expert craftsmanship and exceptional interior design can be seen at every turn.
Galloping Gourmet are the in-house catering and events team at Blackwell Grange, working with you to create an exceptional wedding breakfast that is unique to your special day. Delicious, fun and theatrical, we want this to be the most spectacular family meal you have ever enjoyed. When it comes to your evening celebration, Galloping Gourmet will delight your guests with food that is a visual and taste sensation, from live food stations to barbecues or wood-fired pizza in the Herb Garden.
With vast experience in planning weddings, your dedicated planners will be on hand from the moment you visit Blackwell Grange to help you create your perfect day. Whether you would like advice on local cake designers or suggestions on how to make the very best of this wonderful venue, we will be there, working together with you to turn your dreams into reality.
As the sun goes down, soak up the landscape, enjoying your evening party and looking out over the lawns at the illuminated trees in the Chestnut Dell. Our luxurious Hayloft Honeymoon Cottage means you can stay, swathed in this idyll until morning, enjoying breakfast for two on your Juliet balcony before you leave.
• Accommodating up to 150 guests for your civil ceremony and dining, and up to 200 for an evening party
• Say ‘I do’ with a civil ceremony in the restored 16th century oak-beamed Thatch Barn
• Eight picturesque churches in surrounding Cotswold villages for couples looking for a religious ceremony
• A contemporary dining space, the Orchard Barn, built in 2016 and featuring a stylish bar and helical staircase to a mezzanine ‘snug’
• Overnight accommodation for the happy couple in the secluded Hayloft Honeymoon Cottage with Juliet balcony and private garden
• Numerous hotels in the surrounding villages and towns of Stratford-upon-Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold, with further on-site accommodation for guests due to open in 2017.
Images © Paul Willetts Photography
Related Articles: Sarah Haywood