More demonstrations, more local producers, more tastings
"Regional food and drink from 120 stallholders"
Fantastic British Food Festivals brings its celebration of food and drink to magnificent Blenheim Palace for the 2nd year running, for the late May bank holiday weekend, 28th-30th May 2016, from 10am-5pm.
Building on the huge success of the 2015 festival, which saw 20,000 visitors to the festival over 3 days, this year’s enhanced festival will feature more demonstrations, more local producers and more tastings, with a fantastic range of food, drink and activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Visitors are invited to explore flavours, learn new culinary skills and meet local chefs and TV personalities, whilst immersing themselves in the splendid setting of Blenheim Palace and its 300 years of fascinating history.
Recently listed as one of the top ten food and drink festivals in the world, the Blenheim Palace Food Festival promises:
• Regional food and drink from 120 stallholders, including artisan bakes, craft brews, gourmet burgers, international cuisine, traditional ices and handmade sweets.
• A Demonstration Theatre featuring a packed programme of events including demonstrations from:
Tamal Ray – Great British Bake Off 2015 finalist
Tony Rodd – MasterChef 2015 finalist
Dipna Anand - Chef and author of ‘Beyond Brilliant’
Katharine Tate – The Food Teacher
Kelly Mauger – Tutor at Award Winning WI Cookery School, Denman College
Nick Pullen – Owner Chef of Wild Thyme Restaurant, Oxfordshire
Marlow Renton – Foraging expert, Wildfood UK
• Interactive food events and tastings to appeal to the whole family
• Children’s entertainment such as a roaming storyteller, garden games, face painting and vintage rides
• Traditional hay baled picnic areas where visitors can relax whilst enjoying the festivities and beautiful setting
Related Articles: How to source ingredients: Jack Rayner talks to Simon Bradley