Pure and Natural Paints
The big problem in all honesty is the range of colours – 150 of them! As I have difficulty choosing what to have for lunch you can imagine my frustration! There are so many to choose from that this is a monumental task...
Unlike some women who have a stressful week, or manage to grab a car-boot sale bargain and reward themselves with a gin and tonic or a bar of chocolate I do things differently. In our home, my guilty pleasure is opening a fresh pot of chalk based paint and enjoying squeals of delight.
You may ask why I am sharing this? Simply because I have discovered the most exciting paint ever and cannot bear to keep it to myself. My new discovery is Autentico paint and it has opened up a whole new world.
As chalk based paint is already quite a forgiving medium I didn’t expect my latest find to be much different to the paint that I already use on a regular basis but it is. For one it is completely organic and the fact that it has no solvents or additives is a real relief for a household of eczema and asthma sufferers. Surprise, surprise, we’re lucky enough to have both! Also recycling, upcycling and renovation seems to demand organic doesn’t it!
The range is huge. There are so many options. Whether it is an inside or outside; smooth or limed, antiqued or marbled, Country, French, Scandinavian or any other look you are after, there will be a paint that fits the bill. It is so smooth and whether you use it as is or dilute it, you will be delighted with the results.
The big problem in all honesty is the range of colours – 150 of them! As I have difficulty choosing what to have for lunch you can imagine my frustration! There are so many to choose from that this is a monumental task. The answer in my case seems to be quite simply – buy lots of different colours, and finishes, waxes, and stencils, sealers and varnishes!
My friends very often express a desire to paint but are a little nervous at attempting something new. They may also like the look but can’t find anywhere that stock similar pieces.
There is an answer.
Oxfordshire’s own Witney Warehouse are stockists of Autentico
and will be delighted to offer you help and advice if you want to buy this fabulous brand or if you would rather buy pre-owned and waiting to be painted or already finished they stock some beautiful hand painted pieces that fit into any vintage, shabby or country look.
- Jill Rayner
Autentico products are available in
• Chalk paints – Available in Vintage (for furniture), Velvet (wall emulsion), Versante Matt and Versante Superior Eggshell. All available in entire colour range
• Our Autentico Vintage Chalk paint and Autentico Sealer is EN71-3 complaint – child safe
• Lime Paint – Venice
• Versante Matt and Superior Eggshell are both suitable for interior and exterior use. They have a built in UV filter to prevent colour fade and built in moisture control perfect for moist rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens.
• Autentico Esterno Wall – high grade exterior paint for brickwork and render. Also has built in moisture control, UV filter, self-cleaning and fire-retardant.
• Wide range of decorative sundries: furniture waxes, chalk waxes and metallic waxes, crackle glaze, Craquelure (for porcelain style cracks), Terrapieno (an embossing paste to create raised effect stencils), stencils. Wide range of brushes for every project.
• Protective products – Autentico Primer , Autentico Sealer for use with Autentico Velvet and Autentico Matt Varnish for protecting furniture.
Related Articles: 50 Shades of...