The Oxfordshire Agricultural Society Trust
This is managed by a group of Trustees who can make finances available to support a range of activities that fall within the Trust’s broad objective which is to promote agricultural efficiency.
This is done by providing assistance for relevant activities to individuals, groups or organisations connected with agriculture and rural communities in Oxfordshire, or in areas closely bordering the County.
Since its establishment a considerable number of awards have been made, over a wide range of subject areas, including;
• Contributions towards the cost of overseas study tours/sandwich years for those who have been seeking to further their knowledge and understanding of agriculture and rural affairs outside the UK.
• Contributions towards the cost of hosting International Visitors to Oxfordshire.
• Grants to teachers and research workers towards expenses incurred whilst taking part in conferences, study tours or other projects, both in UK and abroad.
• Grants to students towards the cost of attending agricultural courses at schools or colleges where it has been demonstrated that normal funding support was insufficient.
• Contributions towards the cost of Conferences & Training courses etc organised through appropriate Organisations, aimed at providing opportunities for developing agricultural knowledge and leadership qualities.
• Contributions towards rural education initiatives, particularly projects assisting farm visits for primary schools.
For further details and Application Forms see the website or contact the Trust Secretary, Ian Anderson; email@example.com or 01993 883768
Related Articles: Open Farm Sunday